We are interested in all topics around software engineering and Perl. Below are some topics that can serve as inspiration, though they are by no means a complete list.
- Perl for beginners
- The Conference will be held at a university, so we should provide some Perl (5&6) beginner level talks to the students
- Software engineering and project management
- Architecture, design patterns, best practices
- Soft skills (project management, negotiations, hiring)
- Software development lifecycle, continuous integration and deployment
- Perl engineering
- Perl 6
- Advanced OO with Moo, Moose etc.
- Introduction to popular modules (DBIx::Class, Catalyst, Mojolicious, Dancer, ...)
- The business side of Perl
- Hiring and the search for talent
- Case studies of Perl in the enterprise environment
- The future: challenges and strategies