The event takes place from Friday, August 22nd till Sunday, August 24th in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria.
The Venue that we have selected is Inter Expo Center.
Accomodation is already arranged with two hotels, so please allow us one to two weeks time to update the information here on the site.
|Attendee's checklist||Speaker's checklist|
Current candidate is Krivoto "Beer house" in the center of Sofia.
We ask conference attendees to indicate their desire to join the meeting, by adding the Pre-conference meeting talk to your schedule.
If there is a big interest we are prepared to move the meeting to a bigger bar (RockIt) which is big enough to serve up to 400 people.
18/07/14 Length of talks
If you've submitted a talk and had it accepted, please check on the conference website for your talk (there is a link via your personal page) to see what time slot it will be! In some cases, we have had to change the time you suggested. All talks will be either:
20 minute slots
Most talks will be 20 minutes. This is a great length to introduce a subject, without getting bogged down in too much detail.
50 minute slots
Some topics need more time to really go into them in detail. If you requested a 40 or 60 minute talk, then you will have a 50 minute time slot. DON'T PANIC if your talk is only 40 minutes! You will simply have more time for questions, discussion, or a coffee break afterwards.
Lightning Talks (1 hour slot)
The lightning talks are each 5 minutes long.
17/07/14 Keeping informed
As YAPC::EU draws closer, here are some ways to stay informed about the latest news and views about the conference, talks, venue, and city:
* all major news items will be announced here
* we are tweeting as @yapceu
* we will be blogging news, but also information about speakers, and nuggets of useful information at Blogs.perl.org
* All registered attendees should shortly be added to a mailing list for important anouncements
* See what other attendees are discussing on our Wiki and help edit it.
* ... and if you still can't find the information you need, then Contact us!