Call for Presentations
The German Perl and Software Engineering Workshop takes place from
March 30th to April 1st 2022 in Leipzig, Germany.
We are looking for your contribution in the form a talk (20 minutes or 40 minutes),
a lighting talk (5 minutes) or a workshop (2-4 hours). Please submit your proposals
using this online form.
The theme in 2022 is full script power—powerful script programming as well as the potential of Perl and Raku with their outstanding implementations of Unicode and all its scripts. We’re looking for talks covering the named theme but accept any contributions regarding Perl, Raku (formerly Perl 6) or software development in general.
Some examples of topics for your inspiration:
- full script power—aspect scripts of the world
- new or interesting Unicode features
- implementation of Unicode in Perl/Raku or other projects
- real world applications that benefit from these
- beneficial stories from real life related to outdated or exotic character encodings
- reports on successful migrations of significat amounts of data to modern encodings
- full script power—aspect script programming
- developing well structured, complex applications with script languages
- pros and cons of script languages, especially Perl/Raku
- compile phase at script invocation
- command-line parameters of Perl/Raku
- @INC, package namespaces, loading of modules and dynamic code
- Perl/Raku in shared web hosting
- anything related to Perl/Raku
- software architecture
- application or network security
- domain-driven design
- software craftmanship
- continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
We accept talks in German or English language. Any slides/materials is going to be published on the Web. So we prefer that to be in English.
Talks can be submitted until Monday, Februar 28th 2022.